Wednesday, January 28, 2009



Dear Tyler
I won't take up too much of you time
I know you're trying to get your star wars viewing on
And that's fine
Just gimme a second to empty my face
Before I hit the road again to go and win this paper chase
I've been watching you man
I'm proud of you man
You're growing up to be the best man that you possibly can
I know you understand
Why I go out of town
I also know my days are colder when you're not around
Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be adapted to the fact
That daddy never lived inside the same shack
And sometimes I get this pain in my stomach's pit
It's what I get
I'm convinced it's my punishment
For those nights I got drunk and let go at some bar
In some city with some people I don't know
For all the times that the lines on your face
Reminded me of the days before the dagonflies escaped
It trips me out how you pick up all my traits
From the way that you spit to the fists that you make
I watch the way you try to keep your mom happy
Daddy learned that from you
You're supposed to learn that from daddy
I can't teach much when it comes to women
I drive safe and slow but don't know nothing 'bout the engine
You're doing good little man thats all I really meant
I love you
You're my best friend, thanks for listening

4 comments:

  1. The blog looks good! Oh and I think you might have copied me a little with the blog title, no big deal or anything but I thought you should know that I did it first. So yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was great josh. im glad you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete